North Carolina Field Archery Association
NC Field Archery Association State Indoor Championship
February 16-18, 2018
- Due to the season's lack of NFAA/NCFAA shooting opportunities across the state, the NCFAA is waiving the rules for archers to have to shoot a Qualifier round to be eligible to shoot the NCFAA State Indoor Championship. So archers will not have to shoot a score at a secondary shoot in order to compete in the state championship.
- NFAA/NCFAA membership must be current to participate in the State Indoor Championship. So all dues must be paid in full by the time of the shoot.
- This year First Flight Archery is the only site offering the NCFAA Indoor Championships and the NFAA SE Sectional Championships. (You can register online at ArcheryEvents for First Flight.) If your club plans to host a NCFAA Indoor Championship shoot, please contact Joe Rozmus so we can share this information with archers.
North Carolina Senior GamesHello to all our 50+ year olds. Have some extra archery fun this year and sign up to participate in your local NC Senior Games Target Archery Event! The Senior Games have a qualifier shoot in the Spring and the Finals are the week of September 14-24 (exact date TBD). Many counties have their qualifiers in February-April, so register now! Find your local Senior Games' contacts at http://ncseniorgames.org/localgames.pdf. Then register online at https://torch.ncseniorgames.org/Account/Login? The Senior Games shoot a 900 American round. 90 arrows on a FITA 122 cm target face. There are 30 arrows from 60 yards; 30 arrows from 50 yards; and 30 arrows from 40 yards. They offer 5 styles: Recurve with sights, Barebow Recurve with no sights, Compound Finger with sights, Barebow Compound no sights and Compound Release with no sights. Those who qualify at the State Finals will be eligible to compete in the 2019 National Senior Games in Albuquerque, NM. In 1983 N.C. Senior Games began with a vision to create a year-round health promotion and education program for North Carolinians 50 years of age and better. Today, there are over 60,000 participants in 53 Local Games programs that serve all 100 counties across the state. They take a holistic approach to body, mind and spirit staying fit, while enjoying the company of friends, family, spectators, and volunteers. Please feel free to contact the NC Seniors Game Office for more information about becoming a participant. You can contact them via email: email@example.com or call 919-851-5456.
Winter ShootsWe'll post more Indoor Competition information as it becomes available.
- February 3, 2018 - First Flight Archery: Smackdown series #3 - Vegas 300
- February 3-4, 2018 - Cub Run Archers Winter STAR FITA: USA Archery Shoot
- February 4, 2018 - Barefoot Archery: Vegas 300
- February 9-11, 2018 - The Vegas Shoot
- February 11, 2018 - Green Creek Shoot - USA Archery Shoot
- February 16-18 - NCFAA and NFAA Sectional Indoor Championships. Online registration is available at ArcheryEvents for the First Flight Archery site.
- March 10-11, 2018 - NFAA Indoor Nationals
- March 17, 2018 - First Flight Archery: Smackdown Championship and Shoot up
- April 20-22, 2018 - First Dakota Classic
Information from the Council and FND Tournament Committee Conference call meeting (Monday, October 9, 2017)
- 2018 First Dakota Classic will be 20-22 April 2018 in Yankton SD
- 2018 NFAA National Target will be 8-9 September 2018 in Yankton SD
- NFAA Sectional Tournament registrations will be on line with NFAA Headquarters in 2018
- At the Vegas Shoot - Flight registered archers will score the three spot in conformance with new NFAA Rule, i.e. more than one arrow may be shot in one of the three spots as long as only three arrows total are shot. In the Champion Divisions at Vegas, only one arrow may be shot in each of the three faces on the three spot target.